What Types Of Coverage Do You Need?

NON-TRUCKING LIABILITY (NTL) - Also referred to as "Bobtail" insurance though this is not a proper term or description. NTL is coverageavailable to leased operators who operate under a motor carriers' authority who also provides the primary liability coverage. NTL provides liability coverage when the truck is being used for purposes outside the scope of the lease. EXAMPLE: using the truck on weekends to run errands.

PRIMARY LIABILITY - Every trucker/trucking company who operates under their own authority is required to carry primary liability coverage on all owned units and either provide this insurance for their leased vehicles or insure that the leased operator carries it on their own. Generally, the motor carrier provides this coverage for the leased operators but there are rare instances when this is not the case.

GENERAL LIABILITY - Negligence is possible for a trucking company, even when the truck isn't involved. This could occur either when the driver is out of the truck and is accused of causing bodily injury or property damage or if the trucking company owns or operates other equipment or conducts other activities not directly associated with the use of a truck.

CARGO INSURANCE - Provides coverage for loss or damage to the property a truck is transporting (the load). Generally, though not always, provided by the motor carrier for leased operators.

PHYSICAL DAMAGE (Collision, Specified Perils) - Provides coverage for repair or replacement for damage resulting from a covered loss (collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism) to owned vehicles.